Image Courtesy – Pixabay, Frontier.com
Networking has shrunk the earth’s size into a global village. Numerous non-technical opportunities are trending in recent years. Women, nowadays are more inclined to switch to a career that offers flexibility to work from home, to balance their work and personal life in an efficient way. If you are one among them then Blogging is a best option.
Recently I received an invite to attend a Bloggers meet, to my dismay the participants were quite finite compared to the meet held at other locations. Soon I realized that due to lack of motivation many don’t take blogging as a career option.
What is Blogging? – A catalogue of all your work done till date
I remember seven years ago I was a fresher with an offer letter on my hand. I dint receive my date of joining, so I planned to enroll myself for any internship in an organization. I along with two other friends joined an organization as an intern without any pay. They dealt in customizing Word Press into a website as per client’s requirement. We three had a mentor who motivated us in understanding the fundamentals of the industry. During our tea break he encouraged us to create our own blogs and other social handles in order to get acquaintance with the latest trends and get contacts to nourish our growth. One of us asked our mentor how a blog would be useful in building our future in the industry. His reply was “A catalogue of all your work done till date”. Those words are etched in my memory.
Any Qualifications or Pre-Requisites
Nothing other than
- Strong Language Skills-English or any of your regional language will also help.
- Decent Writing Skills
What to Write?
- Anything, Parenting, Food, Fashion, Literature, Trip, Restaurants, DIY Crafts, Teaching tricks etc.
Blogging as a Career
- Plan your genre prior to starting your own blog or look for a website which can be a host of your blog. Promote it using social handles. You have to be calm till you get a reach.
- Write fruitful content.
- Be consistent in writing and make sure your works are quite distinct from others.
- Follow pages of organization which shares same interest as yours. Eg.You write much about fashion, follow magazines that deals with it. They would keep you updated on their requirement. Ensure your presence in the page by actively participating in a healthy conversation.
- Address every query that’s been posted in your post. This helps you to build a good rapport with readers.
If writing is your passion, get started… Happy Writing!
Other related blog by the author: Blogging Insights
About the author:
Meenakshi Chandrasekaran – I was writing large lines of codes before my Little Gal happened to me. An avid reader, i spend most of my time in front of books and laptop. Being a first time mom bringing up my girl helped me to gain more knowledge on every stage of parenting so i just wanted to pen down my experience to be able to read it again and again to relive those moments. Other leisure time activities include experimenting in my kitchen, crafts and gardening.
(The author is a guest blogger at Her Second Innings. The opinions expressed are those of the author.)
Her Second Innings, helps capable women professionals to find their calling in their second innings. If you have a flair for writing, join us as a Guest Blogger. Apply here: http://hersecondinnings.com/guest-blogger-invite/ .
Women looking to get back to their careers, or needing advice to pursue alternate career to become financially independent Sign up with us and complete your profile. Feel free to connect with us at email@example.com after completing your registration formalities, and our career experts would be happy to have a conversation with you.
“This blog claims no credit for any images or content posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images and content on this blog belong to their respective owners. If there is an image or content on this blog that belongs to you and you do not wish for it to appear on this site, please e-mail us with a link to said image or content and it will be promptly removed.”